Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ole! Ole, Ole Ole!

YAY!!! We leave for our trip to the great state of Alaska in less than two days!!! I can't wait!!! I am unbelievably ready to have some time off of work, quality time with D without work or business distractions, and remember what true elevation looks like!  OH!  It also looks like there will be a chance to at least stop and say hi to Nan.  I miss her cranky, old face something fierce right now so that might be one of the parts I'm most looking forward to at this point. 


Our trip actually has us making three stops in Alaska and one in Canada.  All because of Canada we have to take our passports.  Which reminds me, I wonder what D did with those after he registered our trip.  I should probably go find those quick.

Nothing else is really new here, just packing and trying to be caught up at work before we leave.

This weeks recipe is more "South of the Border" than "North to Alaska", but when I found it and saw how easy it was going to be I knew if it turned out it would be perfect for weeks like this when we have so much going on it's nice to have supper ready when we get home at night.  It's also by those great and crazy sisters over at www.sixsistersstuff.com!  I wasn't too sure about them when I put everything in the crock pot.  It seemed like the liquid levels were off a bit, but you do want them dry and they came out perfect!  Before you put the chicken mixture on your tortilla try to squeeze out as much moisture as you can.  Trust me on this.  And trust me when I say that you HAVE to try this recipe one day.  It's even great as leftovers and that's a bonus in our house!

Thanks Six Sisters for the GREAT recipe! (And WONDERFUL
picture that made me want to try them in the first place!)


Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas

4 Chicken Breasts
1 (14 oz.) can Diced Tomatoes (Rotel works as well!), undrained
1 small can Green Chilis
1 (8 oz.) package Cream Cheese
Tortillas
Monteray Jack Cheese (or your favorite kind of cheese/cheese blend)
2 Tbsp. Melted Butter (or olive oil)

Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.  Place Chicken Breasts in the slow cooker.  Dump in the Diced Tomatoes, Green Chili's, and Cream Cheese.  Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours LOW or 3-4 hours on HIGH.  Once the chicken is cooked thoroughly, take it out and shred. Return the chicken to the slow cooker (mix it in and it will absorb some of the juices so it's not so runny).  Keep warm until ready to make quesadillas.

To make quesadilla, heat a skillet over medium heat.  Top half of each tortilla with cheese and a scoop of the chicken mixture.  If you want some heat, add some chopped jalepenos to the quesadilla.  Fold the tortilla over and press down.  Lightly brush melted butter (or olive oil) on both sides.  Cook two filled tortillas at a time (3-4 minutes each; until they are golden brown), turning once. 

Serve with your favorite salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.

** We did not use the Butter or Olive Oil and instead used our pannini press to make our quesidillas.


I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!  I should go find those passports now and make sure they are in our carry-ons.  Here's a little Johnny Horton to help you get in the mood for our trip!





No comments:

Post a Comment