Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beef! It's what's for dinner baby!

Hi Everyone!!!

I promised you a new recipe from me every Wednesday and I might be on vacation, but Blogger has this great little thing called "Schedule" that lets me set this up so that I can have this post appear to you today while I'm in the middle of the ocean or hanging out looking at mountains or whatever we are up to at this exact moment.  Wish you all could be here with us!  Enjoy this Stroganoff recipe I found over at Eat Cake For Dinner.  My mom wasn't one to make Stroganoff when we were growing up, but the neighbor did and would invite us over every once in awhile.  This reminds me a lot of Mrs. St.'s recipe.  I hope you all enjoy!



Beef Stroganoff from Scratch

1 lb. Top Sirloin or Tenderloin Steak
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
3 Tbsp. Butter, divided
8 oz. Mushrooms, chopped
1 cup Onion, diced
4 cloves Garlic, minced
2 - 2 1/2 cups Warm Water
3 Beef Bouillon Cubes
5 Tbsp. Flour
2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 cup Sour Cream


Slice Steak into strips 1/4" thick and about 2" long.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.  Melt 2 Tbsp. of the Butter in a large skillet over medium heat and then add  Mushrooms, Onion and Garlic to the pan.  Slightly increase the heat and melt 1 Tbsp. of Butter in the pan.  Add Beef and saute, stirring for 3-5 minutes or until pink is no longer visible.  While the beef is cooking, whisk water, bouillon, Flour and Worcestershire Sauce together until smooth.  Add this mixture to the beef and return the musroom mixture to the pan as well.  Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes to thicken.  Remove pan from heat and stir in Sour Cream.  Add additional salt and pepper to taste.  Serve over Egg Noodles or White Rice.

** NOTE:  I used Ground Hamburger instead of Steak and we loved it this way too!


ENJOY!  See ya' in a week!

CHRISTINE

No comments:

Post a Comment